DNA MICROARRAY VIRTUAL LAB
DNA microarray analysis is one of the fastest-growing new technologies in the field of genetic research. Scientists are using DNA microarrays to investigate everything from cancer to pest control. Now you can do your own DNA microarray experiment! Here you will use a DNA microarray to investigate the differences between a healthy cell and a cancer cell.
- Microarrays: Chipping Away at the Mysteries of Science and Medicine, a Science Primer from the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI).
- Educator Resources from Affymetrix, a manufacturer of microarrays. Includes, among many other things, photographs, a description of Affymetrix's unique manufacturing method, and a discussion of ethics and policy issues. You can even order your own free demonstration microarray!
- Photo of a microarray manufactured by Agilent Technologies
- Fluorescent image of a microarray manufactured by Agilent Technologies
- Find out how DNA microarray analysis is being used to study insecticide resistance in African malaria-carrying mosquitoes.
Supported by a Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA) [No. 1 R25 RR16291-01] from the National Center for Research Resources, a component of the National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services. The contents provided here are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of NCRR or NIH.